Mountain View, CA
As a Sales Engineer at ElasticBox, you will be responsible for providing world class pre-sales technical support to the sales team. Working directly with customers you will be the subject matter expert on cloud applications. During the sales cycle, you will lead the proof of concepts, demonstrating ElasticBox ability to meet and exceed customer requirements, often in the customer's production environment. Finally, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences to ultimately improve our business and our customers' success.
- Experience in a sales engineering or customer facing role
- Experience and competence working at OS command lines including Unix, Linux and Window command prompts.
- Experience with Unix/Linux/Windows shell scripting
- Knowledge of basic networking components and concepts. Ability to troubleshoot basic networking issues that may prevent communication between hosts
- Experience with web servers and common relational databases used in application architectures. Ability to understand SQL.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Passionate about technical sales and working with customers
- Ambitious and self-motivated with a high emotional IQ
- Ability to work on multiple opportunities & POCs concurrently
- Highly coachable with a strong desire to improve and grow as a professional
- Local (same day) travel up to 50%; overnight travel up to 25% depending on territory
The preferred candidate has:
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Experience with Cloud and Big Data technologies.
- Experience integrating distributed systems through Web based APIs.
- Cloud and virtualization based technologies (Amazon Web Services, VMWare cloud technologies or OpenStack)