Making the cloud enterprise-ready with ElasticBox
Using cloud computing infrastructure (such as Amazon's AWS, Rackspace Open Cloud, etc.) gives your business a great deal of flexibility. You can scale up rapidly without an upfront capital investment. Serve customers around the globe rapidly even with fluctuating demand. Handle big data analysis. Or bring new web or mobile applications to market quickly.
There are many important questions to be answered with this technology:
- Which cloud-based infrastructure should you use? Should you build a private cloud or use infrastructure hosted by someone else? Are you locked into this decision once you make it?
- How do you protect against outages and guarantee uptime?
- When developers use public cloud resources, how do you control which data and applications go where?
- Cloud isn't free. How do you keep a handle on resource usage and cost?
ElasticBox adds configuration management, application management and governance to applications deployed in the cloud. These capabilities make it practical to integrate both public and private cloud infrastructure into your application strategies.
ElasticBox gives you new abilities to:
- Manage cloud resource usage: Align cloud resources with business requirements according to policy, and tracking usage across different cloud platforms.
- Control costs: Put cost controls on cloud resource allocation.
- Ensure business continuity: Make sure you can easily move applications to another cloud platform in case of an outage or widespread problem.